ENVOY-13 improvements: (1) Structured front flap with low profile MOLLE-Air and Hypalon light mount, (2) Ambidextrous & Collapsible side water bottle pocket with Hypalon MOLLE-Air panels, (3) Quilted full Loop lined panels inside Main and CCW Compartment for accessory attachment now padded divider compatible, (4) Enhanced access to CCW/accessory back pocket.
The ENVOY-13™ Messenger Bag continues the design of our original ENVOY 1.0 that was considered to be one of the best messenger bags for everyday carry.
With smaller internal measurements at 10" (H) x 14" (W) x 5.5" (D), dual collapsible built-in bottle holders for 32oz (1L) Nalgene bottles. Front flap MOLLE-Air structure is low profile, loop-faced for ID patches with a 1” Hypalon light mount. Curved shoulder pad and removable strap offers better ergonomics and is upgradable to the GT-COBRA™ Sling Strap.
A padded laptop sleeve can store a laptop or tablet up to 13”. Top zipper opening lets you access your notepads, pens/markers, and multi-tools without opening the flap. Luggage handle pass-through with hidden pockets, front admin panel, and fully lined quilted loop fields compatible with our configurable dividers providing extra protection and organization for your EDC (everyday carry) items. Enhanced access to rear fully loop lined CCW compartment provides carry and organization options. Total 22 pockets and slots for maximum organization.
For the best balance of weight and strength, we use ultra-durable 1000-D Cordura® nylon at high-wear areas (bottom panels), and 500-D Cordura® for the rest of the bag. Our Cordura® is treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) for all-weather performance. Made with High-visibility 210-D ripstop nylon interior, YKK® zippers and ITW/Duraflex hardware the ENVOY-13 is your compact messenger companion.
- NEW: Structured front flap with low profile MOLLE-Air and Hypalon light mount
- NEW: Ambidextrous & Collapsible side water bottle pocket with low profile Hypalon MOLLE-Air panel
- NEW: Quilted full Loop lined panels inside Main and CCW Compartment for accessory attachment, now padded divider compatible
- NEW: Enhanced access to CCW/accessory back pocket
- NEW: Ergonomic Non-slip, adjustable shoulder pad
- NEW: Tough 1000-D on the bottom lightweight 500-D CORDURA for the body
- Net Weight: 2.65 pounds | 1202 grams
- Exterior Size: 11" (H) x 16" (W) x 6" (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 10" (H) x 14" (W) x 5.5" (D)
- Fully padded quilted loop lined main compartment for attachment
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior
- Padded sleeve compartment for a tablet or a laptop up to 13" (9.5” H x 12” W x 1” D)
- Improved padded top grab handles
- 22 organizing compartments and slots
- Ambidextrous design
- Luggage handle pass through with zippered pocket
- MOLLE/PALS spec panels for accessory attachment
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric on the bottom and 500-D for the body treated with Durable Water Repellant
- Genuine MADE-IN-USA MultiCam-Black Cordura® by Crye Precision™
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection
- Hypalon & Loop faced MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory attachment
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer
- Spartan molded zipper loops
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
4 Reviews Show Reviews
I’ve purchased many Vanquest products and many Maxpedition bags over the years. Both are durable, well built bags but the Vanquest bags just seem easier to use and more adaptable to my needs. Maxpedition seems stiff, bulky and need 2 years to break in. Love the small envoy. I have the older version, but it was just too big for everyday. The new envoy has many new and well thought out improvements. Love the loop everywhere on the inside. Makes organizing easy and helps keeps the bag from getting too fat because everything settles to the bottom. Padded laptop/big iPad Pro slot is just right. I like how they separated the back ccw pocket. With pistol inside it does puff out the whole bag. All in all I’m very happy with this bag. Good job Vanquest. Way to listen to end users and adapt accordingly.
Having tried the Envoy 3 and the Skitch bags, I've been waiting for THIS bag for 3 years or so. The Envoy 3 was a great bag but just too big for what I needed. The Skitch bags were a better size but lacked organizing pockets and also didn't have a top opening zipper. So, I waited. And Vanquest really came through with the Envoy-13 (Gen 4) bag. Just the right size, plenty of internal organizing pockets, full Velcro in the CCW compartment and the same excellent Vanquest quality. So, a homerun. Now a shout out to Alex and the support team at Vanquest. First class and personal service that is unfortunately all too rare these days. So, an easy 5 star rating all around. If you're looking for a solid, well thought out, and top quality bag at a reasonable price - and also want a company that will treat you right, you have come to the right place.
So Vanquest obviously paid attention to the mistakes they made on the Skitch. I used it up until the day this bag arrived, but I didn't love it, even after I'd done some modifications to it. (Interestingly enough almost exactly duplicating the front flap setup on the envoy 13. Great minds think alike! And so do we...) I always wished for access to my front organizer through the zipper, (Think grabbing a pen out while walking across the parking lot into work.) and I couldn't with the Skitch as it was designed. I also wanted a small flat zipper pocket on the outside of the flap. (I keep my work phone and ID before in there.) So, with a lot of sewing, I gave my Skitch both of those things, along with some REALLY ugly scars.
Enter the envoy gen 4... It wasn't a monster messenger bag that would fit a weeks worth of clothes or a complete urban assault loadout. I don't want to lug that into work every day, especially since I have this irresistible urge to fill every one of those cool little pockets with SOMETHING. It DID provide all of the things I wanted from my Skitch without any aftermarket stitching on my part, and it looks a lot less "slouchy" if you will. The material is rock solid, the construction is perfect, and it's just right for a daily work bag. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who felt that the older envoy's were too big. (As I did. Hence the Skitch...)
2 small gripes: not even enough for me to take off a star. Call my official number a 4.8.
1. There are no internal bellows type pockets for slightly bulky items. (For me that is a couple of medicine bottles.) (Vitamin M for the win...) Yes, I know, I can get a compact med carrier, but I would just find some other bulky object I'd like to carry. Also, yes, I know this is a problem the cute new foldy-velcro-organizer system doohickey might solve, but first- for the price point, I kinda want the batteries included. Second- using the cute Velcro-transformer thing that I bought separately would take away storage from the main pocket, and I'm not giving up any lunch bag real estate. COLD DEAD HANDS ON THAT SUBJECT BOYS AND GIRLS.
Overall, this is an excellent bag, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for what I described above.
Oh crap! I almost forgot: THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY ROTTEN LITTLE HEART FOR PUTTING NOT ONE, BUT TWO COLLAPSIBLE DRINK HOLDERS ON THIS BAG. I currently own every iteration of MOLLE water bottle holder under the Amazon sun, and none of them fit the Skitch well.
I wanted a smaller version of the Envoy 3.0. The Envoy 13 is it. The bag has everything i need to travel, to have all that i need with me and even play role as a pillow. The bag is well made as per all Vanquest products. Totally worth it!!