FALCONER-30 New Features: (1) Larger capacity (now 30-Liters); (2) Padded waist belt with Pull-Forward Adjustment (3) Hypalon MOLLE-Air attachment panels on both sides; (4) Loop-faced MOLLE-Air attachment system in the main compartment.
The FALCONER-30 backpack is loaded with key features from Vanquest's most popular and field-proven bags and pouches: IBEX backpack's fillet-open main compartment, MAXIMIZER Organizer's space-saving webbing, and FATPack med pouch's elastic cord ladders, all packed inside this 3-layer backpack!
Total 30-liters of space featuring a MacGyver's dozen (28) of pockets/slots to securely stow your EDC, outdoor, school, work, and get-home essentials. The covert FALCONER-30 backpack is unrivaled in its ability to TRULY organize your gear.
Back-layer (main compartment): Similar to the IBEX, the FALCONER's fillet-open 18.25" (H) x 10.75" (W) x 4.75" (D) main compartment features loop-field lining on all walls, giving users unlimited setup possibilities. Loop-faced laser-cut MOLLE-Air panel and a 14.75” (H) x 10.5” (W) slip pocket sits opposite. The main compartment comes with locking #10 YKK zippers and ITW’s oversized rubber zipper-pulls, which offers excellent snag-resistant grip.
Middle-layer: The 17.5" (H) x 10.5" (W) x 2.5" (D) middle compartment also fillet-opens. One side has two Velcro-secured clear window pockets, and a small loop field on the opposite side with a ripstop short pocket, which doubles as a tool handle garage. This middle-layer also has the hidden ability to carry an over-sized item secured by the side compression straps, and 7 anchor points around the backpack!
Front-layer: Two front pockets deliver the best features from both the space-saving MAXIMIZER organizer, and the FATPack medical pouch. The top-front pocket offers dual slip pockets and elastic webbing to secure loose items, while the lower-front pocket comes with built-in FATPack / MAXIMIZER features, offering the ultimate organization for medical supplies, tools, or personal kit for any load-out. The lower pocket also comes with a fold-in FASTab, allowing you to access all of your vital gear with an instinctive downward pull!
Ergonomic features such as a removable pull-forward adjustable waist belt with a padded lumbar support, two shoulder straps with load-lifters, and a sternum strap provide excellent comfort. Rear hydration / CCW pocket has a hose pass-through exiting from the top. Subtle Hypalon MOLLE-Air attachment panels are located on the side with bottom nylon webbing giving the option of modular expansion while keeping a covert and subtle look to the FALCONER-30.
- NEW: Hypalon MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory attachment
- NEW: Pull-forward Adjustable & Removable padded waist belt
- NEW: Loop faced MOLLE-Air panel in main compartment
- NEW: High-visibility Orange 210-D Ripstop Nylon interior for front pockets
- NEW: Improved suspension system (new shoulder straps, back panel and frame) provides comfortable carry.
- NEW: Hypalon zipper puller tabs to assist zipper closure
- NEW: Spartan molded zipper pulls with secure grip
- Net Weight: 4.05 pounds | 1837 grams | (1000-D Cordura®)
- Net Weight: 3.95 pounds | 1791 grams | (500-D MultiCam-Black Cordura®)
- Total Capacity: 30 Liters
- Overall Exterior Size (Fully Extended): 18.75" (H) x 11.5" (W) x 10.5" (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 18.25" (H) x 10..75" (W) x 4.75" (D)
- Middle Compartment (Interior): 17" (H) x 10.5" (W) x 2.5" (D)
- Top Front Compartment (Interior): 5" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 2.75" (D)
- Bottom Front Compartment (Interior): 10.5" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 2.25" (D)
- Rear Hydration / CCW Compartment (Interior): 17” (H) x 10.25” (W)
- Fits 3-liter / 100 ounce hydration bladder
- Locking YKK zippers for CCW compartment
- Main compartment with 3 loop panels and 1 loop faced MOLLE-Air panel for custom attachment
- 4 hook & loop closed pockets (2 with windows)
- Maximizer elastic webbing with 11 slots for storage
- Two storage ladders with shock cord retention
- Hidden FASTab on bottom front compartment for fast access
- Two compression straps with side release buckles
- Shoulder straps with load lifters & sternum strap with built-in whistle
- Frame reinforced removable pull forward padded 1.5” waist belt with X-lite buckle by Duraflex
- 2” (H) x 3” (W) Flag/morale loop patch area on front
- 1 key fob
- High-visibility, lightweight 210-D Ripstop Nylon interior
- Hypalon MOLLE/PALS panels for accessory attachment
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric with Durable Water Repellent (DWR) fabric protector (500-D Mil-grade Cordura® on Multicam & Multicam-Black)
- Genuine MADE-IN-USA MultiCam-Black Cordura® by Crye Precision™
- Hypalon durable rubber laminate MOLLE panels
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection
- Lightweight MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory attachment
- MOLLE-compatible attachment system with PALS webbing
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer
- Spartan zipper pulls
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
9 Reviews Show Reviews
I got the falconer a couple weeks ago and I can say this is s a great choice if you want to organize all of your gear. Impressive quality.
Firstly, I've only had this pack for a few days but I've already gone on 2 hikes with it. It's very comfortable and the organizational possibilities are endless. My initial impressions on the build quality are that it is a very high quality piece of gear. Time will tell how it stands up but for now I can say I have no worries about it. I'd also like to point out how great the customer service is. I had some minor issues with my order and the Vanquest team took care of me very quickly. Customer service says a lot about a company and this place has your back.
Very well made, feels heavy in hand, but rides on your back like a feather. Whole day trekking, don't notice it. Some getting used to all the different compartments, and bottle holder on the side as standard would have been better.
Very much loving this bag, and more so every day as I get to know it and tune my usage of it.
- Love the flat open off all compartments, makes packing a breeze
- The zip angles on the main compartment are very clever, it allows for easy side access all down the pack (on both sides), but also easy top access. I pack it bag with it flat open, then zip to near the top and can add more things as if it were a top pack bag.
- Quality is good, and Zips are excellent
- Very easy to organise - easier to find stuff
- Harness is comfortable, and comfortable carrying weight
- Has been very versatile for work gear/ short trip gear
I carry a computers in the middle pocket (water pocket a little too small to get it in). Clothes/Food/specialty items in the main compartment. Phone/Keys/electronics in the top external pocket, and general items in the lower outer pocket. Combined with the organiser accessories I have bought with the pack has made it very easy when travelling to get the next days clothes etc.
Potential considerations for improvement:
- Harness dimensions are a bit out for me, I have no problem getting very comfortable configuration, but feel like it could be better with some slight changes, and slightly longer straps (e.g. longer on the padded shoulder straps and strap ends would allow the chest strap to be lower, and allow me to sit the bag more on the hips (I have taken the hit belt off (nice feature btw) as it never sits low enough to use the hip belt) if the bag itself were a bit longer this might help.
- First compartment slightly deeper (currently fits 1 SLM maximiser nicely, but would be good if it could do two deep)
- making the water compartment entry slightly larger to allow a MacBook or other computer in would be a great enhancement (it almost fits, but the corner stops it)
Overall this is an excellent bag, which I highly recommend - Thank you!
I have used this pack for about 2 months now and have absolutely no complaints. The quality of this bag is superb. Mainly used as an EDC pack this has everything I need then some. You could easily use this as a travel bag or a few day hike yet doesn't feel bulky while packed only with everyday items. Will absolutely be back for more Vanquest gear in the future
I bought this backpack after much research to replace another brand that was stolen.
Nothing about this bag is cheap or chintzy.
I travelled all over Israel and some of Jordan this year with a group of others with travel bags. There was a clear and noticeable difference in the quality of this bag compared to the others.
I'm so glad I spent the extra money. This bag should last a good long while.
This pack has replaced my Maxpedition Falcon II and my North Face Router backpacks. The build quality is excellent, and the suspension system is the best for this style of pack that I have seen to date; implementing design elements common to sport packs. The Falconer 30 is unassuming and subdued with regards to looking "tacti-cool," which is a huge positive for me, as I tend to gravitate towards military/LEO style offerings for durability, but often find them lacking in normal amenities. It's obvious a lot of attention to detail went into this pack, and the fit and finish of the pack shows overall. The few criticisms I have are small, and mostly consist of design element choices. First being that the exterior molle is either laser cut, or hypalon, the waist belt is traditional nylon, which seems like an oversight. The other nit to pick concerns the middle compartment, which consists of one major pocket, with three smaller pockets that close via hook and loop. This section of the pack, it seems to me, fell victim either to cost savings, not wanting to add too many design elements to the bag, or both. while the hook and loop closures are robust, and do not feel substandard, it would have been better to have them zippered, or sacrifice the single pouch on the outer wall, to have a larger hook and loop (or another internal molle) field as in the main compartment. Regardless, these criticisms do not largely detract from my enjoyment of the pack, as this compartment has been relegated to holding my 15.5" laptop.
I can't say enough about this bag! It is an exceptional.
-The quality is fantastic.
-It has very good organization, especially compared to some of the other bags on the market I would compare it too...namely Maxpedition.
-I am a huge fan of how they have incorporated backpacking elements into their design (pull forward tightening in the hip belt and the upper straps on the shoulder straps to pull you pack forward.
-Wasn't sure if I was going to like the top handle in front of the main compartment zipper but I have actually found it to be a huge benefit for handling and control of all the front of the bag as it can carry a large amount in those front sections.
-Zippers a top notch and love the zipper pulls!
-My ipad pro 12" fits perfectly in the back water reservoir for everyday carry.
-One of the only areas I find on the week side is how far I have to loosen the shoulder straps if I want to have the hip belt actually sitting where it should on my hips. Not the worst thing in the world and I find that if I rest it a bit higher than normal I can still be comfortable. I'm only 5'10" so if you taller you might find that the hip belt rides pretty high or you'll have to loosen the shoulder straps most of the way.
Never Experienced That Before! Vanquest Falconer 30
Vanquest has given me something brand new with this pack. I is...
NEW 2017 Vanquest Falconer 30 Backpack
NEW 2017 Vanquest Falconer 30 Backpack https://www.vanquest.co...
Vanquest FALCONER-30 Makes a Great Firstaid Backpack!
Vanquest has recently released their new Falconer-30 backpack....