MARKHOR-45 Key Features: (1) 45-Liter capacity; (2) Ergonomic suspension system: removable internal frame, padded waist belt and adjustable height shoulder straps; (3) 1000-D bottom and 500-D body CORDURA construction for the best weight to strength balance; (4) Versatile beaver tail panel with rifle/bow support (5) Dual side water bottle pockets plus MOLLE-Air faced internal Hydration pocket.
The 2018 MARKHOR-45 (45 liters) is our largest and our most advanced pack for hiking, camping, and hunting. Its double-sided beavertail panel & DAM (Durable Arms Management) system can be used for external gear carry. A continuous & lockable YKK #10 zipper opening comes with extra-large ITW zipper pulls, offering you easy “clamshell” access to the main compartment. The new suspension system is specifically designed for you to comfortably carry heavy loads.
Two 3-D top pockets can carry one of our Maximizer organizers, with a zipper pass-through giving you quick access to the main compartment. Another larger zippered pocket on the bottom can carry camp shoes, rain gear, or extra clothes.
Then there’s MARKHOR’s unique beavertail with DAM (Durable Arms Management) design. The beavertail is double-sided, reversible, and removable, offering gear storage, attachment, and compression.
The front of the beavertail is the “Sport” side: elastic cord routed through 1” vertical webbing with a Hypalon “Duck Foot” at the bottom to secure an extra layer (e.g. jacket). Two ELASTO Gear Locks on 1” webbing for holding tripods, axe handles and trekking poles when used with the adjustable tool loops. The reversed side of the beavertail is the “Tactical” side: Cordura MOLLE-Air panel with a loop ID panel for you to attach more accessories. Above the MOLLE-Air panel is a slim pocket for maps.
The beavertail, 2-rows of vertical webbing, and the two 1” removable retention straps make up the DAM (Durable Arms Management) system. This allows you to secure and carry most firearms and archery equipment without a strap or sling.
Four side compression straps move the weight closer to you. There are Hypalon MOLLE-Air side panels providing low-profile MOLLE attachment solutions, plus two bottle pockets with elastic cord retentions.
The main compartment of the MARKHOR is lined with orange high-viz 210-D ripstop nylon for low-light environments. There is a hydration / laptop sleeve with a loop-faced MOLLE-Air panel to attach organizational pouches via MOLLE or hook-and-loop. The sides are lined with loop panels, allowing for further modularity and customization. Two ToughMesh pockets line the front panel for additional gear storage.
The upgraded suspension system lets you carry heavy loads with comfort: Shoulder harness with 5 adjustable positions for different torso length and proper fit. Ergonomically molded PC (polycarbonate) internal frame with “virtual stays” curves and flexes with your body. Top load-adjusters help to bring the backpack forward to keep proper center of gravity. EVA foam shoulder straps, breathable mesh back, and an elastic sternum strap. Finally, a removable “pull-forward” padded waist belt that’s fast and easy to tighten, and keeps most of the weight off your shoulders. On the outside of the waist belt is webbing attachments for flashlights, knives or small pouches.
For the best balance of weight and strength, we use ultra-durable 1000-D Cordura® nylon at high-wear areas (bottom panels), and 500-D Cordura® for the rest of the bag. Our Cordura® is treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) for all-weather performance, and will be ready every time you need it.
- Total Pack Capacity: 45 Liters
- Net Weight: 6 pounds | 2722 grams
- Overall Exterior Size (Fully Extended): 28" (H) x 15" (W) x 8.5" (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 26" (H) x 12" (W) x 6" (D)
- Outer Bottom Zippered Pocket (Interior): 8" (H) x 11" (W) x 5" (D)
- Top Zipper Pocket 1 (Interior): 5" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 1.5" (D)
- Top Zipper Pocket 2 (Interior): 9" (H) x 10.5" (W) x 2.5" (D)
- Beaver Tail (Exterior): 12” (H) x 11” (W)
- Beaver Tail Map Pocket (Interior): 12” (H) x 8.5" (W)
- Hydration / Laptop Sleeve (Interior): 16.5" (H) x 11.5" (W)
- Zippered Mesh Pocket 1 (Interior): 5" (H) x 11.5" (W) x 1.5" (D)
- Zippered Mesh Pocket 2 (Interior): 6.5" (H) x 11.5" (W) x 1.5" (D)
- Reversible and removeable Beaver Tail with two different sides: “Sport” (shock cord field with Duck Foot for retention) and “Tactical” (Cordura MOLLE-Air panel w/loop face and map pocket)
- Durable Arms Management system to carry your rifle or bow
- Padded main compartment with loop and MOLLE-Air panel for custom attachment & ladder webbing
- Three grab handles (backside top and sides)
- Four side compression straps plus Beaver Tail compression for weight management
- Padded shoulder straps adjustable for torso length with load lifters & sternum strap w/ integrated whistle
- Removable molded internal frame for comfortable carry
- Removable padded waist belt with pull forward adjustment
- Main compartment fits 100 oz. / 3-Liter hydration bladder or 2018 15" Mac Book Pro laptop
- Low profile Hypalon MOLLE-Air panel on sides for MOLLE attachment
- Bottom attachment webbing for sleep systems or ground pads
- Adjustable tool loops and ELASTO Gear Locks secure axes, trekking poles, tripods or other gear
- Flag/morale loop field on front for ID
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric on the bottom and 500-D Cordura® for the body treated with Durable Water Repellant
- Ergonomically shaped Poly-carbonate internal frame
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior.
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection.
- Heat, chemical and UV stable Hypalon MOLLE-Air attachment system
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer.
- Main zipper pull (Zipline Orbit) made by ITW-Nexus
- Spartan Zipper pulls
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
7 Reviews Show Reviews
I like EDM bands! I really do! And my favourite EDM band is Chainsmokers! DJs Alex Pall and Andrew Taggart are about to perform more than 50 concerts to their fans in 2019 and 2020! To know more about Chainsmokers band in 2019 visit site [url=https://chainsmokersconcerts.com]chainsmokersconcerts.com[/url]. You won't miss any performance in 2019 if you visit the link!
Overall this bag is very good. I love the ability to customize the way you carry your gear using the various attachment points and how you can attach pouches.. This bag is very robust and should handle years of use. Can this bag be improved? absolutely, I agree with the other reviewer about the waist belt , it does need to be bigger and wrap around giving you more support for heavy loads and real estate for more molle webbing. I also feel that if the bag can be made slightly larger especially for the lower zippered compartment it would allow you to hold a bulkier sleeping bag inside rather than strapped outside. Maybe future versions will be in the 65 liter range or feature a floating lid to accommodate an addtional ten liters . Lastly , I hope Vanquest will make a rain cover that can fit over this bag with room to spare in case you have a sleeping bag strapped to the bottom or a bulky jacket stuffed in the shock cord. Thank you for the opportunity to review this.
I've owned several Max........ packs and gear over the years. This is my second Vanquest pack (other is Trident 21) and I like the Vanquest better. Quality of materials and construction is the same, but Vanquest has raised the bar on design, features, organization, and overall "wow" factor. This pack is small enough to be comfortable and light, yet functional and expandable enough to carry a full load out for a short camping trip. Would also make a great emergency bag to keep in vehicle or just to keep prepped and waiting in the closet at home. Lot of good products out there by several good companies, but I believe Vanquest is giving their customers the best product at a good value for your dollar. You get what you pay for, but in this respect I believe you get more than you paid for.
Honestly best backpack I have ever used.
Recently traveled and backpacked through Asia with this and it was amazing to use.
Comfortable for me (I'm 6'2) I had it packed to about 40-45lbs.
It easily fit in Airline overhead bins (big planes and small planes)
Storage pockets were huge and very easy to access via the pull zippers. Great quality and design. Really happy with my purchase!
Fantastic bag design. The features such as an internal pocket in the front flap accessible from both the inside and outside of the pack is great.
My only complaint. With a pack this size there needs to be a more robust belt system. I have read/seen many reviews where the suspension system is along the same lines as a full size trail backpack. The shoulder strap system is spot on but the padding along the belt strap needs to extend much further around. If you truly want to use the belt to support the weight, the current belt just wont cut it. On my body the cushion on the belt barley comes around the sides of my body, leaving only the webbing on the front of my body. When cinched down to support the weight this get uncomfortable very quickly.
Its almost perfect, way to keep pushing the envelope on designs.
because i'm french i will do this review in french. i could do this in english but there's already some review in english, and it's really hard to get some in french.
je suis aux-san dans l'armee de terre et suis deja possesseur d'un ibex-30.
le markhor est top ! a mi-chemin entre le F2 (ou le f3) et la musette de combat (pas la dora bien sur^^) il est extrement polyvalent, comme vanquest c'est bien le faire, je n'ai pas encore pu l'utiliser au combat, mais il est tres confortable et modulable.
il est certe un peu cher mais bien moins qu'un 5.11 ou un camel-back et bien mieux pensé que ceux-ci.
le pad avant qui peut se détacher et très pratique pour y mettre le casque lourd, et le compartimentage permet aisement d'y mettre tout mon matos aux-san plus mon fond de sac, j'y ai egalement pu y mettre le neccaissaire pour 1 petite semaine de terrain.
bref ce sac c'est un must have ! ;)
I couldn't wait for this pack to come out. This pack is proof that Vanquest listens to their customer's feedback. I love everything about the bag. It's a little heavier than some of the technical packs you get in the stores, but built to last. My favorite feature is the adjustable straps. Once you've adjusted to the right torso length, the pack becomes very comfortable. If you're a serious backpacker, you'll love this pack!
Vanquest Markhor-45 Backpack: Buy Once, Cry Once (J-Listed) - Preparedmind101
A perfect blend of a versatile tactical pack and backpacking p...
VANQUEST MARKHOR 45 Backpack
VANQUEST MARKHOR 45 Backpack https://www.vanquest.com/markhor-...
Everything You Want? Vanquest Markhor-45
Where To Buy: https://www.vanquest.com Where To Buy On amazon:...