**FIRE SALE products can only be returned for exchange with other FIRE SALE product(s) within 30-days of purchase (refund not available for FIRE SALE items)**
TRIDENT-20 (Gen-2) improvements: (1) 0.5" wider to better fit a 15" laptop (MacBook Pro / Air). Total capacity = 1 liter larger, (2) low profile MOLLE-Air structure that's loop-covered for ID patches, (3) taller padded dividers, (4) improved shoulder straps with denser padding.
TRIDENT backpack is the natural evolution of the popular Javelin™ slingpack into a larger, more versatile backpack. You wear it like a backpack, with the option of quick-access from the side like a slingpack.
The new TRIDENT-20 (Gen-2) is 21 liters in total capacity (1 liter larger than the original TRIDENT), with improved shoulder straps, and a removable 2" waist strap. You can now comfortably carry more gear and heavier loads.
Padded main compartment and three dividers provide extra protection for your EDC (everyday carry) items, photography gear, or range gear. A dedicated laptop sleeve that can hold a 15" laptop (MacBook Pro / Air) in a slim cover. You can access the interior from top or left side, and like a slingpack, you can quickly get to your gear by swinging the backpack to your front. Total 34 pockets and slots to organize your gear.
High-visibility 210-D ripstop nylon interior helps you find things in low-light conditions. Dual hydration system (hydration/CCW compartment, and main compartment) let you carry up to 5 liters of water at once. Hydration hose can be anchored to the left or right shoulder strap.
Low profile MOLLE-Air structure is MOLLE-compatible, and loop-covered for ID patches. Many interior loop fields for CCW and internal organization.
With its genuine 1000-D mil-grade Cordura® fabric (500-D Cordura® on Multicam & Multicam-Black) coated in DuPont® Teflon®, ITW/Duraflex hardware, and lockable YKK® zippers, TRIDENT is a compact day pack ready to handle any tough situations.
FAQ: I have a JAVELIN Right-Shoulder slingpack, so is the TRIDENT backpack designed more for right- or left-shoulder-carry?
Answer: Both. TRIDENT is a double-shoulder backpack, so unlike a single-shoulder slingpack, you wear the TRIDENT backpack on both shoulders.
FAQ: TRIDENT’s main compartment opening is asymmetrical like the JAVELINs, so is it designed more for right- or left-handed users?
Answer: Both. TRIDENT is a double-shoulder backpack, and to access your gear, you can either (1) take the entire backpack off and go through your gear like any other backpack; or (2) swing the backpack to your front like a slingpack, and access the interior from the side zipper opening.
Because of TRIDENT’s asymmetrical design (zipper opening on top and left), you will have to first free your right shoulder, grip the grab handle on the bottom-left of the backpack with your left hand to shift the TRIDENT to your front. This motion will give you access to the backpack with its left zipper opening facing you (similar to our bestselling JAVELINs).
- NEW: Loop-Faced MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory & morale patch attachment
- NEW: Added 0.5 inch to width for better fit of 15” MacBook Pro / Air or similar laptops, which adds 1 liter to overall capacity (now 21 liters)
- NEW: Hook & loop closure for interior ripstop pockets in top & bottom front compartments
- NEW: Taller padded dividers (3) now included
- NEW: Slip pocket on exterior of Side Admin compartment
- NEW: Denser padding for shoulder strap and backside for added comfort
- Net Weight: 3.20 pounds | (1000-D Cordura®)
- Net Weight: 3.05 pounds | (500-D MultiCam & MultiCam-Black Cordura®)
- Total Capacity: 21 Liters
- Overall Exterior Size (Fully Extended): 18" (H) x 11" (W) x 9" (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 17.5" (H) x 10.5" (W) x 5" (D)
- Top Front Compartment (Interior): 4.5" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 2" (D)
- Bottom Front Compartment (Interior): 11.25" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 2" (D)
- Rear Hydration / CCW Compartment (Interior): 17” (H) x 10” (W)
- Side Admin Compartment (Interior): 10 (H) x 3.75 (W)
- Slip pocket on outside of Side Admin Compartment: 8" (H) x 4" (W)
- Padded sleeve for tablet or laptop up to 15” (max. size 16” W x 10” D)
- High-visibility, lightweight 210-D Ripstop Nylon interior
- Total 34 organizing compartments and slots
- MOLLE/PALS webbings for accessory attachment
- Materials:1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric with water-repellent Teflon® fabric protector by DuPont® (500-D Mil-grade Cordura® on Multicam & Multicam-Black)
- Genuine MADE-IN-USA MultiCam® & MultiCam-Black Cordura® by Crye Precision™
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection
- Lightweight MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory attachment
- MOLLE-compatible attachment system with PALS webbing
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer
- Circular zipper loops made of paracord
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
43 Reviews Show Reviews
This is honestly the best bag I have ever used in my life. I do photography and hike a decent amount in the San Diego area. This is the exact pack I needed. Other brands overcharge the crap out of their packs. I realized this after owning this pack for 5 months or so because it looks almost brand new after hard abuse. They are a little too tactical I think, because there is a decent amount of molle webbing. But that aside, the quality of the construction, quality of materials, and how cool the guys are, make this experience the best bag I've ever had. Not to trash talk other brands, but I was looking at packs costing $300+ for a basic design, no padding, and had to pay shipping. Nope, get a Vanquest pack. I hope they start marketing more and grow their business because it wasn't easy to find them!
Overall, I am very happy with the backpack. I would get this backpack over a Maxpedition any day of the week. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars and not 5 is because I wish there were zipper pockets inside the backpack instead of Velcro. The build quality is 5 stars, the material is 5 stars etc.. So consider this a 4.9/5 rating overall.
Another suggestion for the main compartment would be to make the inserts non-removable. This can just be an options for the backpack, so people can choose which one they would rather have. In my opinion, most people that are using this for EDC already know what they want to carry.
This works perfectly for my line of work.It has the capacity but in a small package. It has plenty of pockets to store what ever you need. I would recommend this pack to just about anyone for any situation.
I wanted a pack that would fit my camera, a lens or two and my laptop. While using the bag, I wanted to be able to pull it forward to grab my camera. I was able to pull the bag forward to get the camera. But since it is resting on one shoulder, without the cross over strap like the V-sling, I needed to keep a hold of it so it would not fall. Pulling the camera out with one hand and holding the bag with another made it difficult to rezip the bag before putting it back on my back. I ended up returning it and purchasing a PILUM off fire sale. (The PILUM bag is awesome and should not be discontinued!).
I use this as my EDC bag. It's the perfect size, and it has a number of great pockets and compartments. The only downfall is that weird looking dude in the pictures modeling the bag.
After trying many different bags and styles from some of the biggest brands out there, I have finally found a bag that I consider “perfect” for my needs. The ability to carry all of my regular edc stuff as well as an iPad and laptop plus a full size firearm is awesome. Sure the pack gets a bit heavy when I am carrying a full load but the awesome craftsmanship of this bag handles it all without ANY feeling like I am stressing the pack or overloading it. It doesn’t look overly tacti-cool and the organization is fantastic. I couldn’t possibly recommend this bag more.
I just received my bag a few days ago and I'm really impressed with it. For starters I really don't like sling bags, I find them to be uncomfortable after long periods of time if they're packed with gear. I originally purchased this bag as a camera bag because of the side access and being a backpack vs a sling bag. If you're a lefty, this bag is PERFECT. Undo the right shoulder and swing it past your left hip. I like this bag so much I might even buy another one as my daily work/laptop bag. Also, the Wolf Grey color is super nice. I also really like how even though there is MOLLE on the bag it's not overdone, it's just the right amount of tactical that still blends in well in the NYC. Thank you Vanquest!
Excellent construction and materials. Very well thought out storage and access. This is now my main go to travel/EDC bag. I would like it if there were a pocket that would hold a water bottle but that certainly isn't a deal breaker.
I have long carried the rush 12 and 24 as my office backpack. I travel a bit and carry my office on my back when I do, the Rush backpacks always got the job done, but when at SHOT Show 2018 I met a couple of fellas on the escalators and next thing I know I am going back to my office to buy the TRIDENT-20.
I am 3 weeks on from that day and could not be happier with the backpack. It is smaller by just a bit than the Rush 12 but makes up for it in organization.
The customer service was awesome, not everyone who buys this bag will get 5 star treatment from the founders and staff, but it did not hurt that I did.
The quality of materials, placement of molle, the "S-zip" design. I am super happy the Vanquest Crew and I bumped into each other.
buy it, your ownly worry here is which size to get.