If the item / color is out of stock, check the Upcoming Drops page for more details.
KATARA-16™ New Features: (1) Larger capacity (now 16-Liters); (2) Dual backpack straps that can be converted to a single shoulder carry slingpack; (3) Hidden Hook and Loop Accessory compartment; (4) Hydration or Tablet/12” Ultrabook support; (5) 1000-D bottom and 500-D body CORDURA construction for the best weight to strength balance.
Improved from our first KATARA™ backpack since 2015, the new KATARA-16™ backpack is perfect for the urban traveler or the dedicated everyday carry (EDC) enthusiast. With removable straps, you can quickly convert the KATARA-16 into a single-shoulder VSlinger whenever you desire the quick accessibility of a slingpack.
The outer top pocket has a zippered compartment, elastic webbing organization, a slip pocket, and a hook-and-loop field for ID patches. Two Hypalon MOLLE-Air side panels lets you attach our HYDRA Water Bottle Holder or single channel MOLLE accessories.
The bottom pocket is lined with 210-D high-viz orange ripstop nylon, and has room for an iPad Mini, wallets, phones etc. Behind this pocket is a hidden Hook and Loop Accessory compartment. The outside of the pocket has a low-profile laser-cut CORDURA MOLLE-Air panel for additional attachments.
Inside of the KATARA™, there’s a padded sleeve for tablets (up to 12") that can be accessed from the left or right side of the pack. This sleeve also doubles as a hydration bladder pocket. The front of the sleeve is lined with loop fabric for your hook-and-loop accessories.
Opposite to the padded sleeve, you’ll find zippered pocket on top, and a “3-Mode” convertible pocket on the bottom. The “3-Mode” convertible pocket can be opened from its left or right zipper, and has a flap top closure. The “3-Mode” pocket can also be rolled-down and stored, revealing a large loop field for more hook-and-loop accessory attachments. There are two side internal pockets with elastic retention for medical gear, knives, or flashlights.
The newly designed back panel lets you remove and switch shoulder straps to setup your KATARA™ as a right- or left-shoulder VSlinger slingpack for quick access. Shoulder straps are secured with hook-and-loop fasteners, durable Duraflex buckles and G-hooks. It’s like having multiple bags in one package!
For the best balance of weight and strength, we use ultra-durable 1000-D Cordura® nylon at high-wear areas (bottom, sides), and 500-D Cordura® for the rest of the bag. Our Cordura® is treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) for all-weather performance, and will be ready every time you need it.
- Total Pack Capacity: 16 Liters
- Net Weight: 2.65 pounds | 1202 grams
- Overall Exterior Size (Fully Extended with Handles): 18" (H) x 10.5" (W) x 7" (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 17" (H) x 9" (W) x 4" (D)
- Top Front Pocket (Interior): 7" (H) x 8.5" (W) x 1.75" (D)
- Bottom Front Pocket (Interior): 9.75" (H) x 8.5" (W) x 1" (D)
- Hidden Hook and Loop Accessory Compartment (Interior): 9" (H) x 8" (W)
- Padded Tablet sleeve (Interior): 16" (H) x 8.5" (W) x 0.6" (D)
- Convertible from Backpack to a left or right sided VSlinger sling pack
- Adjustable and removeable shoulder straps with sternum strap that doubles as your stabilizer strap
- Low profile Hypalon MOLLE-Air side panels plus Cordura® MOLLE-Air front panel for modular expansion
- Hook-and-loop lined main compartment for user configuration
- Padded grab handle for comfortable carry
- Tablet / Laptop (up to 12" Ultrabook) / 2L Hydration bladder sleeve
- Three way convertible pocket offer top or either side access
- Front loop panel for Moral / Flag patches
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric on the bottom and 500-D Cordura® for the body treated with Durable WateRepellant
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior.
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection.
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer.
- Spartan Zipper pulls
- MOLLE-compatible attachment system with PALS webbing
- Lightweight MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory attachment
- Hypalon durable rubber laminate MOLLE panels
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread