For more than 40 years, CORDURA®, the DuPont®-invented & battlefield-trusted fabric, excels on abrasion tests against other nylon fabric because of its unique air-texturized Nylon-6,6 yarn.
Unlike low-cost generic nylon (Nylon-6), CORDURA®’s Nylon-6,6 is tougher, stronger, and has a higher melting point (514 F vs 428 F, or 268 Celsius vs 220 Celsius)
Also unlike generic nylon’s “loose” molecular structure, Nylon-6,6’s parallel molecular chains are held together by strong hydrogen bonds, making Nylon-6,6’s structure tighter, harder, and more abrasion-resistant.
Despite of its higher cost, we use CORDURA® generously because we know durability matters to supporter like you!
P.S. CORDURA's superior abrasion-resistant characteristic comes from its Nylon-6,6 air-texturized yarn, and by default, cannot be imitated nor substituted by the stiffness & heaviness of low-cost triple polyurethane (PU) coated 1,000-D nylon. Search "Vanquest Cordura" on YouTube to see the difference.
© Copyright CORDURA® Brand. Image also available from CORDURA® Brand YouTube video “Don't Be This Guy – Cyclist”
|Watch more CORDURA® Brand videos on YouTube||VANQUEST® featured on the official CORDURA® site|
• Genuine military-grade CORDURA® & Made-in-USA MultiCam® CORDURA® by Crye Precision™
• Eco-friendly Durable Water Repellent (DWR) fabric protector
• DuPont® Teflon® water-repellent fabric protector
• Superior multi-layer polyurethane (PU) water-resistant coating that’s flexible and quiet
• High-visibility, durable, and lightweight 210-D ripstop nylon interior (see image)
• RFID-blocking composite fabric by Vanquest®
• Mil-grade ITW® & Duraflex® hardware made of high tensile strength Acetal polymer. NOTE: Acetal (DELRIN® by DuPont) offers greater tensile strength over lower-cost nylon hardware. Acetal hardware is also less susceptible to elements such moisture and temperature, while nylon hardware absorbs water easily, and its strength is compromised by temperature and moisture (see image)
• Durable & abrasion-resistant RC-Class YKK® zippers
• Zipper track reversed for better protection and low-profile design (see image)
• Unique user-friendly paracord zipperpulls, or ITW ZipLine loops (see image)
• Gladding 550 lb. tensile strength paracord (Made-in-USA)
• Zipperpull-friendly paracord (Made-in-Taiwan)
• Closed cell foam padding for load bearing comfort & shock absorption
• Neoprene rubber padded handles for extra comfort
• Breathable padded mesh shoulder straps & back panels
• High tensile strength nylon webbing and binding tapes
• High tensile strength bonded nylon thread
QUALITY IS IN THE DETAILS
• Bartacking on MOLLE/PALS webbing (see image)
• Double stitching for better construction
• “Box-and-X” stitching on stress points
• Seams taped and finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
• We source materials from all over the world, including the US (genuine MultiCam / MiltiCam-Black CORDURA®, Gladding 550 paracords... etc.), and Taiwan. Our assembly factories in Taiwan and the Philippines (both have 30+ years of experience in soft goods production) finish our products to the highest construction quality standards by Vanquest®