IBEX-26 New Features: (1) Larger capacity (now 26-Liters); (2) Upgraded suspension system: frame, padded waist belt and shoulder straps; (3) 1000-D bottom and 500-D body CORDURA construction for the best weight to strength balance; (4) Top and side pockets have independent 3D volume; (5) Loop-faced MOLLE-Air Hydration/Laptop pocket in the main compartment.
The 2018 IBEX-26 is your ultimate 26-liter multi-role backpack that “clamshells” open, and offers lightning-fast access to gear. The low-profile “gray-man” design blends into today’s urban environments. A continuous & lockable YKK #10 zipper opening comes with extra-large ITW zipper pulls, offering you easy access to the foam-padded main compartment.
3D top pocket can hold one of our Maximizer organizers. Improved front shock-cord field with Hypalon “Duck Foot” supports lightweight gear (e.g. jackets). Bottom tool loops and attachment webbing can support trekking poles, axes, tripods etc., and store flat when not in use.
Two 3D side pockets have Hypalon MOLLE-Air panels for expansion, and store hydration, communications and tools. Each side pocket has an expandable bottom, two lower slip pockets, and an upper loop attachment field. An internal pass-through port and upper gear loop for routing hydration/comms to the main compartment, then exit to the back of the IBEX.
Top side compression straps are concealable, and let you limit the “clamshell” opening of the main compartment for easy top access. Three grab handles (top + sides) let you carry the IBEX in all directions. Lockable YKK zippers provide additional security to your gear.
Main compartment offers infinite user-configuration. An inside sleeve offers hydration bladder or laptop storage, and features a loop-faced MOLLE-Air panel for internal expansion. More hook-and-loop panels and ToughMesh pockets offer maximum organization and storage.
The upgraded suspension system let you carry heavy loads with comfort: Load-adjusters, EVA foam shoulder straps, a stiff frame sheet, breathable mesh back, elastic sternum strap, and a padded waist belt with frame sheet that fits perfectly on you.
For the best balance of weight and strength, we use ultra-durable 1000-D Cordura® nylon at high-wear areas (bottom panels), and 500-D Cordura® for the rest of the bag. Our Cordura® is treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) for all-weather performance, and will be ready every time you need it.
- Total Pack Capacity: 26 Liters
- Net Weight: 3.95 pound | 1792 gram
- Exterior Main Compartment Size: 23" (H) x 13.5" (W) x 6.5" (D)
- Interior Main Compartment Size: 21" (H) x 10.5" (W) x 5.5" (D)
- Interior Top Zipper Pocket Size: 7.5" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 3" (D)
- Side Storage Pocket Size: 20” (H) x 5.5" (W)
- Zippered Mesh Pocket Size: 6" (H) x 9" (W) 1" (D)
- Hydration / Laptop Sleeve Size: 14" (H) x 10" (W)
- Padded main compartment with loop and MOLLE-Air panel for custom attachment & ladder webbing
- Three grab handles (backside top and sides)
- Four compression straps with side release buckles, top two stow away
- Padded shoulder straps with load lifters & sternum strap w/ integrated whistle
- Improved stiffer frame sheet to manage weight
- Removable padded waist belt with pull forward adjustment
- Adjustable shock cord retention with Duck Foot for rentention
- Flag/morale loop patch holder on front
- Dual side pockets with slip pockets and loop panel for tools/gear
- Main compartment fits 100 oz. / 3-Liter hydration bladder or 2018 15" Mac Book Pro and 13" laptops
- Low profile Hypalon MOLLE-Air panel on sides for accessory attachment
- Bottom attachment webbing and adjustable tool loops for axes, tripods or other gear
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric on the bottom and 500-D for the body treated with Durable Water Repellant
- High density PE frame sheet
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior.
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection.
- Heat, chemical and UV stable Hypalon MOLLE-Air attachment system
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer.
- Main zipper pull (Zipline Orbit) made by ITW-Nexus
- Spartan Zipper pulls
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
5 Reviews Show Reviews
The bag itself is very well constructed. The shoulder straps, load lifting system, and internal frame make it extremely easy to carry. I ran around China for two weeks with this carrying between 20 and 40 lbs. at a time, and it was always a comfortable experience.
There are a few issues with the bag though, mostly with the internals. The molle attachments on the inside of the main compartment thread horizontally, meaning you will have a hard time using inexpensive molle pouches for organization. You'll basically be using Vanquest or Maxpedition organizers, with molle sticks, all of which are quite expensive.
The velcro padding on the inside is also pretty useless, as the will not hold much weight and are positioned so that anything you attach will ride fairly high on the bag. Attachment points on the back of the bag are nil, and the duckfoot is way to small to be of any serious use.
Finally, although this is not on the bag itself, but YT reviewers recieved units that included ELASTO gear locks, while our production bags did not. Probably should have communicated that a bit better before sending out review units.
Overall the bag is very good, but these few gripes are my reasoning behind 4/5 stars.
I bought this pack based on two YouTube reviews. Now that I've tried it, I understand why they were so favorable.
First, it rides comfortably and securely on my back while carrying a pretty full load. The suspension is quickly/easily adjusted on the fly, too.
Next, the pack's design and layout makes it very easy to load, AND to quickly find whatever-it-is you're seeking. The attachment points make it easy to customize, and to change the layout quickly.
Third, the materials and construction make this one of the sturdiest/toughest packs I've seen in a very long time.
My only real suggestion is one additional feature. At present, the only sites to attach the optional Elasto Gearlocks (for carrying axes, poles, etc.) are the two vertical strips on the "front" of the pack at each side, through which the shock cord is laced. There needs to be similar attachment points - perhaps more vertical strips - on the sides of the pack toward the back. This should be easy to do, as the strip would be attached to the "base" of the side pocket flaps.
Very durable pack that I do not have to worry about it ripping open when it snags on tree branches. Easy carry with compartments and attachment points for optimal organization. This is absolutely the best pack I have ever owned.
Great pack. Done a few day hikes/hunts with this pack loaded full. Carries weight well, even without the hip belt.
If you are thinking about getting this watch the review by gideonstactical on YouTube.
Is a backpack for any day hike or one night camping adventure with possible to use for wilderness. Very strong material and awesome quality.