IBEX-35 New Features: (1) Larger capacity (now 35-Liters); (2) Upgraded suspension system: removable internal frame, padded waist belt and shoulder straps; (3) 1000-D bottom and 500-D body CORDURA construction for the best weight to strength balance; (4) Top and side pockets have independent 3D volume; (5) Loop-faced MOLLE-Air Hydration/Laptop pocket in the main compartment.
The 2018 IBEX-35 is your ultimate 35-liter multi-role backpack that “clamshells” open, and offers lightning-fast access to gear. The low-profile “gray-man” design blends into today’s urban environments. A continuous & lockable YKK #10 zipper opening comes with extra-large ITW zipper pulls, offering you easy access to the foam-padded main compartment.
3D top pocket can hold one of our Maximizer organizers. Improved front shock-cord field with Hypalon “Duck Foot” supports lightweight gear (e.g. jackets). Bottom tool loops and attachment webbing can support trekking poles, axes, tripods etc., and store flat when not in use.
Two 3D side pockets have Hypalon MOLLE-Air panels for expansion, and store hydration, communications and tools. Each side pocket has an expandable bottom, two lower slip pockets, and an upper loop attachment field. An internal pass-through port and upper gear loop for routing hydration/comms to the main compartment, then exit to the back of the IBEX.
Top side compression straps are concealable, and let you limit the “clamshell” opening of the main compartment for easy top access. Three grab handles (top + sides) let you carry the IBEX in all directions. Lockable YKK zippers provide additional security to your gear.
Main compartment offers infinite user-configuration. An inside sleeve offers hydration bladder or laptop storage, and features a loop-faced MOLLE-Air panel for internal expansion. More hook-and-loop panels and ToughMesh pockets offer maximum organization and storage.
The upgraded suspension system let you carry heavy loads with comfort: Adjustable torso-length shoulder harness with load-adjusters, ergonomically molded PC (polycarbonate) frame with “virtual stays”, EVA foam shoulder straps, breathable mesh back, elastic sternum strap, and a “pull-forward” padded waist belt that fits perfectly on you.
For the best balance of weight and strength, we use ultra-durable 1000-D Cordura® nylon at high-wear areas (bottom panels), and 500-D Cordura® for the rest of the bag. Our Cordura® is treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) for all-weather performance, and will be ready every time you need it.
- Total Pack Capacity: 35 Liters
- Net Weight: 4.95 pound | 2245 gram
- Exterior Compartment Size: 24.5" (H) x 14" (W) x 8" (D)
- Interior Main Compartment Size: 22" (H) x 11" (W) x 7" (D)
- Interior Top Zipper Pocket 1 Size: 5" (H) x 8.5" (W) x 1" (D)
- Interior Top Zipper Pocket 2 Size: 8" (H) x 11" (W) x 2" (D)
- Side Storage Pocket Size: 20.5” (H) x 7" (W)
- Zippered Mesh Pocket Size: 6" (H) x 10" (W) x 1" (D)
- Hydration / Laptop Sleeve Size: 14.5" (H) x 10.75" (W)
- Padded main compartment with loop and MOLLE-Air panel for custom attachment & ladder webbing
- Three grab handles (backside top and sides)
- Four compression straps with side release buckles, top two stow away
- Padded shoulder straps adjustable for torso length with load lifters & sternum strap w/ integrated whistle
- Removable internal frame for comfortable carry
- Removable padded waist belt with pull forward adjustment
- Adjustable shock cord retention with Duck Foot for rentention
- Flag/morale loop patch holder on front
- Dual side pockets with slip pockets and loop panel for tools/gear
- Main compartment fits 100 oz. / 3-Liter hydration bladder or 2018 15" Mac Book Pro laptop
- Low profile Hypalon MOLLE-Air panel on sides for MOLLE attachment
- Bottom attachment webbing and adjustable tool loops for axes, tripods or other gear
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric on the bottom and 500-D for the body treated with Durable Water Repellant
- Ergonomically shaped Poly-carbonate internal frame
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior.
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection.
- Heat, chemical and UV stable Hypalon MOLLE-Air attachment system
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer.
- Main zipper pull (Zipline Orbit) made by ITW-Nexus
- Spartan Zipper pulls
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread